Our Radiation Oncologist
Dr. Barry Blyton is the Radiation Oncologist at our Colorado Prostate Cancer Center. Dr. Blyton plans and oversees the entire treatment process, and takes pride in his commitment to providing patients with an environment that is conducive to optimal recovery.
Dr. Blyton has been a Radiation Oncologist for over 18 years, and joined Colorado Urology in 2021. He completed his undergraduate studies at Indiana University, with a double major in Chemistry and Biology. He then was awarded his medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine, where he served as class president for two years and also received the Dean’s Award for Service.
Dr. Blyton completed his internship in Indianapolis at St. Vincent Hospital and Health Center. He completed his Radiation Oncology Residency at Indiana University Medical Center, where he also served as Chief Resident. He is an outspoken patient advocate, speaking frequently on topics related to cancer and radiation oncology.
Dr. Blyton is a member of several professional organizations, including:
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
Dr. Blyton is Board Certified in Radiation Oncology by the American Board of Radiology.
Oncology Nurse Navigators
Our Oncology Nurse Navigators help guide each patient through their journey. As a single point of contact for you and your family, they:
- help patients understand the disease and treatment process.
- provide emotional support to patients and families.
- answer questions including those related to the disease, treatments, appointment
- scheduling and billing, or connect patients to appropriate resources who can help.
- assist qualified patients with transportation to and from home.
- provide information about long and short-term housing.
- connect patients with groups who can provide financial support for transportation and housing (such as United Way for gas cards).
- provide information and resources about cancer and cancer treatment (support groups, websites, etc.).
- assist patients who are participating in research projects
Our Radiation Team
Our center is staffed by oncologists, nurses, technicians and administrators who bring a collaborative blend of expertise in cancer care methodologies to maximize your experience. We work closely with your referring physician to determine the best method of treatment for each patient.Your Radiation Therapy team consists of highly trained physicists and dosimetrists, who manage the physics behind each radiation treatment session by using sophisticated planning software to shape radiation doses and beams to precisely target tumors and leave healthy tissue undamaged.
Appointments & Information
*If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately.
Please provide your email address and phone number and a Colorado Urology representative will contact you shortly to assist with your question or issue.
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.